Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh Grace, Where Art Thou…?


So, we had a great time at the convention – Brian and Jen travelled to Manchester airport, Ant picked them up, and soon they were here in the North East wing of Kasterborous Towers. After a meal on the Saturday night we turned up for some top class entertainment at the Corus Sports & Social Centre, a small annex we had built some time ago where the local shobogans like to come and watch X-Factor rejects.

Sunday came around, and after a bacon sandwich we got ourselves up to Stockton for Dimensions 2006. We started slow, missing the Eric Saward/Graeme Harper/Philip Hinchcliffe on-stage talk but soon things brightened up when Gareth Kavanagh of Black Scrolls met up with us.

Generally a great day was had by all… however I don’t think it can ever be topped.

I met a stunningly lovely lady by the name of Daphne Ashbrook – Dr Grace Holloway herself – and I was absolutely smitten. What a smile! What a laugh! Such lovely eyes! Ooh, nice hair too!

Actually I’m not exaggerating. She really is a rather smashing lady, and it got me thinking about what Doctor Who could have been, and what a great companion she could have made.

I’ve also been astonished to find that there is no Daphne Ashbrook homepage or fan-run site! Is the world mad?!?! (Strokes chin, thoughtfully…)

The things I saw going through my mind... it was like an episode of Peepshow, I tell you.

Of course, I’m giving the impression that we were chatting for hours. Sadly, the whole experience lasted just 2 minutes. But it was very nice. And a sharp contrast to my meeting with Tom Baker several years ago. I’ll have to tell you about that some time…

Oh, I also met Paul McGann and Sylvester McCoy too…

Meh.

No comments: